Monday 8 March 2010

Meet the Team - Rory, our enthuisiastic Ball Boy





http://www.petplanet.co.uk/


Flying Scots Flyball Team Members

Tell me something about yourself and your dogs
My name is Rory, I’m 13, and I go to James Young High School in Livingston
My Dog is Jack, he is a 15 month old Border Collie

Why did you want to do Flyball?
My mum started doing Flyball first and I used to go along and help out, I was Ball boy at the Crufts qualifiers in 2009 then I started asking for my own dog, so I got Jack.

Tell me about your dog: Jack
My Dog is Jack, he is now 15 months old, I am his 4th owner, and he was too much of a handful for everyone else. I got him when he was 10 months old. He is a very cuddly lovable dog but he is also really curious and wants to be involved in everything. He has chewed all of Smudge’s toys so we’ve had to buy really tough kong type things.
He is too young to compete just now but I can’t wait till the summer. He loves flyball, just needs to work on his technique. He is a wee bit clumsy.

Which other dogs do you train in Flyball and how are they progressing – Future team members?
My Mum trains Smudge at Flyball, she is great and she and her team one 1st and 3rd place at a BFA competition in Dundee 2009, I was there cheering them on.

Do you enjoy going to Crufts?
This is my first time! And I can’t wait

What other activities do you participate in with your dogs and how have they progressed in that field?
Flyball is the only activity, apart from taking him for long walks and throwing a tennis ball for him to catch.

What are your goals for the future?
I would love him to be in a winning team at Flyball the BFA and to qualify for Crufts next year.

Any other hobbies or interests?
I love Drama and go to Fireflies Theatre Group,
I play the Baritone and the cornet and play in the school wind band
I enjoy playing on my X-box, Wii and playstation

5 comments:

  1. Wow Rory your a busy boy... of many talents!! Jack's a lovely dog and he's lucky you found him! Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rory - how come we don't get music at training? Have a brilliant time at Crufts

    Sara, Scroobs, Zip & Fiz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I'd known about your musical talents, you could have serenaded us at training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very handsome dog! Good pair!
    Even if I say so myself.
    Can't wait to see what he will do in coming years. Even when he is naughty he is so cute its hard to tell him off! (Jack that is)

    Thanks to you Lynn for thinking of us, I can't imagine being without him now. Great playmate for Smudge.



    Love to all

    Lynn and Smudge x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great future flyball there Rory, keep up the good work and O'm sure we'll be at bfa comps or Crufts soon. Have a wonderful time at Crufts. Pam & the gang xx

    ReplyDelete