Thursday 4 March 2010

Meet the Team - Annette Wadey and Lucy









Flying Scots Flyball Team Members

Tell me something about yourself and your dogs
I'm Annette I'm 43 and live in West Lothian. I'm originally from the North East of England so always a Geordie at heart. I've owned dogs for 22 years. I'm currently owned by four dogs, Meg, Bella, Lucy and Diva.
Meg is a cross lab and about 13 years old and came from a rescue centre in 1998, she was originally found as a stray in Glasgow.
Bella is a 5 yr old collie who I got as a puppy via a dog rescue site, she currently competes at grade 6 agility. She loves flyball but unfortunately takes the quickest route back to me missing out the jumps.
Lucy is a 3 yr old collie who is one of our team, dogs.
Diva is my latest addition and is 1 yr old collie, I rehomed her from a friend who could no longer keep her. She's currently training both flyball and agility and is doing very well, when she's not behaving like the tasmanian devil.


Tell me about your team dog i.e. Lucy
Lucy has just turned 3 years old and I got her as a ten week old puppy from Four Paws rescue in South Wales. She was from a litter if six puppies found dumped in a box.
I spotted her on a dog rescue website and travelled to Nottingham to meet her. Her KC activity registered name is Four Paws Heaven Sent as I got her just after one of my other dogs was sadly killed in an accident.
She's a very loving cuddly dog but quite sensitive and can be jumpy at times. She is the clown amongst all my dogs and makes me laugh, she's a bit gormless and not the brightest collie on the planet. She is very large in size for a bitch and can be clumsy at times.
Lucy currently competes in agility at grade 3 and is a bit manic. She loves flyball and is much calmer doing flyball than agility, which is very strange.

Which other dogs do you train in Flyball and how are they progressing – Future team members?
See above


Do you enjoy going to Crufts?
This year will be my first year at Crufts. Lucy was not part of the original team but when sadly Maddie became injured I was asked to go in her place.
I'm delighted to be going, but very sad for Lynn and Maddie at the same time ,as they have worked so hard. I'm hoping Lucy and I won't let Lynn and Maddie down.

What other activities do you participate in with your dogs and how have they progressed in that field?
See previous post

What are your goals for the future?
To bring the Crufts Flyball trophy back to West Lothian of course !!!.
I would love to get Bella into grade 7, she's a good honest dog and all the mistakes made on the agility course are my fault.
In agility I would love to get Lucy around a course clear !!! I also want to do more BFA competitions with Lucy to build up her experience .
With Diva, well, it would just be nice to come away from one training session with my arms still in their sockets.

Any other hobbies or interests?
I don't really have a lot of spare time for other interests out with the dogs. I train either agility or flyball 3 nights a week and during the summer months and compete at weekends when I'm not working. I like cooking but enjoy eating even more !!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to Annette & Lucy at Crufts....I'm sure Lucy will be a star and we'll all have great fun.

    Love Sara & Zip
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited, Lucy has already started packing her case !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im getting butterflys just thinking about it. Only 6 more sleeps to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy is a great dog!! And although I'd prefer to go down with Maddie I'm grateful Lucy's stepping up to the mark!!Don't worry about a thing just enjoy yourself!!!!WooHoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette, I love that photo of you and Lucy doing flyball. You can just see the look of concentration!

    Tsar doesn't understand the concept of packing. He takes everything back out the bag as I put everything in!! ha ha!!

    Good luck Lucy at Crufts. You're a wee star.

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be cheering you both on Annette, photo is great!

    Hope your not defecting the other team! I can manage good crosses with Lucy and you are the best starter ever, so will need you back for the BFA stuff and of course our own Crufts qualifier for next year.


    Much Love Lynn and Smudge

    ReplyDelete