Friday 19 February 2010

Petplanet.co.uk Flyball Teams








Petplanet.co.uk Flyball Team participates at Crufts 2010 for the 3rd consecutive year!
How proud am I to let you all know that our Flyball dogs and handlers have done it again! At Prestwick in June 2009, our fabulous dogs raced their paws off to come second in a nail-biting competition, qualifying once again for the privilege of competing on that famous green carpet!
And that happened despite the change of box from the old Crufts’ box to the new BFA box. The new box is totally different: no longer is style and technique as important, it is all about speed and precision.

Our sincere thanks go to DC for all the intense training she gave the club members and their dogs. DC was the only member of our group who had participated in BFA Flyball and knew their box inside out. She has played a huge part in the success of our team.

Last year’s team, then known as the Clyde Valley Flyers, included Maddie, Asha, Zip and Spook who all had to learn the new box. (Asha and Skye are both owned by DC so they already knew what they were doing!)

The team who qualified were:
Handlers and Dogs
Lynn with Maddie
Sara with Zip
Claire with Tsar
Pauline with Spook
DC with Asha
Amie with Skye

Those of you who have followed us in the past know that there is always some disaster waiting to happen to us and this year was no exception! And it had to happen to poor Lynn and Maddie – yet again:

2008 Lynn slipped on ice and broke her ankle 4 weeks before Crufts and could not compete
2009 Maddie went lame and could not compete at Crufts
2010 Once again poor Maddie has gone lame and will not be making the long trip South.

My heart goes out to Lynn. She has worked so hard to train Maddie and once again she will not have the pleasure of competing with her at Crufts.

I was not box loading for the team this year due to personal reasons so Lynn stepped in to take over. At least she will be part of the team and be able to enjoy all the excitement and hype that is felt competing in the Main Arena. Albeit a very small consolation!

So the team went back to the drawing board to decide who would take the magnificient Maddie’s place.

After careful consideration it was decided that Annette and Lucy were the most suitable replacements: Lucy having proved herself at a previous Flyball competition last year (More details will be posted about this later as one of my own dogs, The Fabulous Mr Bud, was also in that team!)
So that’s the line-up for Petplanet.co.uk Flyball Team for Crufts 2010.

Now that my Blog is up and running, more updates will follow along with the history of our small club and all the thrills and heart-aches which we have encountered on the way to Crufts 2010.

19 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the www.petplanet.co.uk team compete in the main ring at Crufts and of course we will be able to watch it again on our return courtesy of Crufts live streaming which will show all the action from the main ring over the 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Maddie and Bud

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that a lot of the action from Crufts will be shown on TV channel More 4:
    http://www.crufts.org.uk/news/more-4-broadcast-crufts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like to wish Flying Scots all the best for Crufts 2010 and maybe next year one of my dogs might make it there.
    Pam & The gang
    PJ'S Pet Services

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne, I will be watching from home this year all the best to the Flying Scots On Petplanet, I will be screaming from my living room and as per usual there will be a lot of tears!!!! I,m so proud of you all and the dogs what a fantastic achievment for the third year running. Congratulations!!! WOOHOO!!! Love Jill Kd ad Ozzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to be making the journey down to Crufts as part of the Flying Scots team. Guess who's been out in the snow doing boxwork ???
    Many thanks to Petplanet who have kindly sponsored us helping us to make the long journey south to compete,
    Annette & Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm looking forward to screaming with the team. Our first time a Crufts, Rory is so excited and the Headmaster of his High School has authorised his absence. Thanks to Mr Horne @ James Young High School.

    Rory is hoping to be spotted on telly ;-)

    Annette: will keep praying that Lucy remembers what to do and I'm sure the Snow boxwork training will pay off!

    The whole family and nearly everyone I know is soaking up our excitment and routing for the Team GO GO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys...really looking forward to the trip to Crufts. We'll wave to you guys left behind and hope that they do cover our runs on T.V

    Sara, Scroobs,Zip and Fiz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, this is Denise, I am the long suffering individual who works in the same office as Yvonne, it has got to the stage I feel like I am competing at Crufts too, WooHoo....
    Everybody is really excited for the team and can,t wait for the whistle to blow.
    Yvonne has moved into the 21st centuary and has even got herself a Dongle 'God help me'.
    Well done www.petplanet.co.uk for sponsoring the trip to Crufts.
    If anyone needs any tips on how to keep Yvonne calm....Don,t ask me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey all!!

    I'm soooo sooo excited to be part of the team this year, you have no idea!! Just want to say a massive thanks to the entire team for helping train me and Tsar so that we could be part of the Crufts team. Its meant so much to me.
    I'm totally going to be unbearable at work this week. So the kids and staff will have you lot to blame!!

    Go, go Flying Scots on Petplanet! Woo Hoo!!!

    Luv and hugs to you all.

    Claire, Tsar and Keela xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All

    WoooHooo!!Well Done to Yvonne for getting this going and huge thanks to petplanet.co.uk and eukanuba for our sponsorship!!Getting excited thinking about Crufts and can't wait to go down!! claire just remember you're the teacher! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, the excitement is getting to me now, I've already started packing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    I'm a friend of Annette's. I have just been looking at a photo of Lucy at 10 weeks old, wow - where does time go. You must be so proud of her. Well done - you will both be great. Good luck to you and your team. I had never heard of flyball before but now I have I'm going to be watching. Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi

    Mags here from Greenfingers, just wishing you all good luck next week in crufts(though I'm sure you won't need it).

    all the best;

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    I'm Elaine, Claire's mum! She is just bearable to live with at the moment though don't know what she'll be like by Wednesday!

    We are looking forward to coming to crufts to support the team.

    Hope you all have a great time.
    Enjoy it and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The excitements really hotting up now, just one more training session and the down to Crufts on Weds. Can't wait to get there take in the atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Girls, boys and all doggies. Well I wish I was with you all at crufts. Its an emotional rollercoaster but one I just love I hope that The Flying Scots @ WWW.PETPLANET.CO.UK have a great time at crufts its such an achievement to get there and I really hope that this is third year lucky...... GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi just thought I would update the blog the team have now arrived at there lodgings and settling in fine however I,m sure everyone is very nervous and excited not much sleep tonight then. I think a wee glass of wine will be on order. The team are very greatful to there sponsors EUKANUBA and WWW.PETPLANET.CO.UK. I wish I worked for petplanet and maybe I would have got the time off of work to go lol. I have put next years holidays in already!! HJ is on early with agility tomorrow morning. Good Luck HJ. XX Jill (Lynns sister and NO 1 FAN of THE FLYING SCOTS ON WWW.PETPLANET.CO.UK)

    ReplyDelete